In this workshop you will learn how to create your own Mendix Widget from start to finish.
Together, we will explore the world of npm, React and the Mendix API in order to make sense of the technologies involved in the process of creating a widget. We are going to setup an environment for development and then gradually dive into the actual process of creating a widget. Along the way we'll overcome many of the pitfalls that you will encounter in a typical project.
What will you learn?
- Setting up an environment for Widget development
- Concepts of Node modules, module dependencies and the build pipeline
- General functionality of React and the React lifecycle
- How to setup a basic Mendix Pluggable widget
- How to send, receive, process and display data within a widget
- Experienced Mendix Developers